Why create quizzes on Desire2Learn?
In Desire2Learn you could administer quizzes for easy distribution and grading. There different types of quizzes: multiple choice, short answers, long answer, fill in the blank, and matching.
Useful Tips (http://www.uwec.edu/help/D2Lv9/quiz-over-f.htm)
- You can provide general description of the quiz to be displayed before the quiz is available
- You can provide introduction message of the quiz to be displayed in the start of the quiz
- Quizzes & Availability
- You could explicitly state the number of quizzes students are expected to complete during the course of the semester.
- Reinforce quiz availability date by displaying dates on the calendar
- Remember to set the status to active
- You can set the number of attempts the quiz can be taken
- You can enable the Automatic Grade feature so that quizzes are graded upon completion
- You can customize quiz options to allow special access for learners with special needs to submit assignments outside the normal availability period, permit multiple attempts, and create a report.
- Enforce the maximum time limit to complete the quiz
- Enable different submission options: normal submission, grace period, etc
- Display the time as students complete the quiz
- Optional Advanced Properties:
- The hints can be enabled and email provided so that you are notified every time a student completes a quiz attempt
- You can disable printing and right-clicking when students are taking a quiz
- You can disable the pager access feature so that students are not allowed to send and receive pager messages while taking the quiz
- Questions View Details
- You can set to show questions and allow students to save them on their ePortfolio
- You can set to show all questions with students responses or simple check no so that students cannot import questions to their ePortfolio
- You can display the number the number of attempt score and the overall attempt score
- You have an option to display the class average to the students
- You could display the class distribution so that students have an idea of where they ranked in the quiz
- Grade Item:
You can make some restrictions on the maximum points to be given, bonus points if necessary, option to include or exclude a quiz to the overall final grade calculation.
To learn more about the D2L’s quizzes tool, visit: