Why Use the Gradebook?
Desire2Learn helps provide a transparent and easy to understand grading policy. The tool allows instructors to create grade items and schemes.
Useful Tips (http://www.uwec.edu/help/D2Lv9/gb-ovrvw-f.htm)
- Grade Record:
- The gradebook can be used as a feedback tool
- Students can only view their own grade
- Weighted grade calculations can be created with the use of categories.
- Many options to email students from the gradebook are available i.e. emailing students based on their performance in the class
- Color coding features for quick glance
- Multiple views for entering grades e.g. based on assignment or student
- Import and export grades
- You could record grades manually or allow assignments and quizzes to be graded automatically
- You could edit and delete grade items and categories
- You have options of the grade item type: numeric, pass/fail, formula, calculated, or text
- Visibility Restriction Feature:
- You could control when grades are available to students.
- You have an option to display the class average to the students
- You could display the class distribution so that students have an idea of where they stand in the class
- To learn more about about the grades tool in D2L, visit: http://oit.colorado.edu/services/teaching-learning-tools/desire2learn-d2l/help/instructor-support/grades